swans

"Doesn't really matter, you know, what kind of nasty names people invent for the music. But, uh, folk music is just a word, you know, that I can't use anymore. What I'm talking about is traditional music, right, which is to say it's mathematical music, it's based on hexagons. But all these songs about, you know, roses growing out of people's brains and lovers who are really geese and swans are turning into angels - I mean, you know, they're not going to die. They're not folk music songs. They're political songs. They're already dead."
Jude, I'm Not There.

Illustration of goose from here.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Curt: A Series of One-Liners

I. To do with the littlest, brightest, most faithful people I know

One day I'm going to get you the biggest things, everything (and so much more) you want.

II. To do with wealth

I shall write a thesis on the effects of wealth one day – how it only leads to mountains and mountains of debt, and an ocean of a hole where my money should be.

III. To do with a very specific man

I'd love you, 'til a blackhole swallows this Earth and whisks us into a time away when I don't know you (and, surely, even then will I love you, and wait ever so patiently for you), so stupidly and fearlessly and so specifically, and even vaguely – all the ways you want to be loved, I'll do it, and I'll do it all for you, and maybe just a little bit for how I want to see your eyes on me, on me, on me: your attention, completely arrested, by me, and me, and me, for just a fraction of a second – a nonblink of your time, all mine, kept safely away in my pocket until that blackhole comes and sucks me in (again like all times) – hopefully back to the time when I could love you, and you'd look at me longer than it takes to look away.

IV. To do with the way I love you

I love you: lengthily, viciously, obsessively, frighteningly, maddeningly, hyperbolically – and most of all, truly. Very, very truly. All the lengthy, vicious, obsessive, frightening, maddening, hyperbolic types of truth – I love you in those ways, and an unintelligible amount more.

V. To do with a very specific violation to a very specific one-liner

I love you, quite obviously more than a sentence can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

angels